To outline the procedure for completing tasks performed by the Front Desk CPM Receptionist
A. Front Desk Phone
Greet the caller with “The Villages Commercial Property Management, this is NAME”
2. General Phone Calls
- Ask the caller for their name and the place of business in which they are calling from.
- Transfer the caller to the appropriate Administrative Assistant or the intended receiver of the AA is not available.
- If transferring caller to the AA for the intended receiver’s team, inform caller by using the following verbiage: “Let me transfer you to their Assistant to see if they are available”
- When transferring a call, inform the receiver of who is on the line and where they are calling from before transferring.
- When transferring a call, if the intended receiver or AA do not pick up the phone:
- Retrieve the caller on the line and ask them if they would like you to leave a message noting their name, phone number and subject matter if they are willing to provide the information.
- If they leave a message, email the message to the intended receiver or the intended receiver’s AA as the case may be. Copy the respective Property Manager when sending an email to the AA. Ensure to put the phone number in the body of the email and not in the subject line.
- If the intended receiver or the AA of the intended receiver is unavailable and it is an URGENT matter, defer to the next available AA or Manager.
B. Front Desk Coverage
1. All AA’s are on a scheduled weekly rotation to cover the front desk as follows:
Lunch Coverage – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, unless prior arrangements are made between the CPM Receptionist and the covering AA.
When the CPM Receptionist will be away from her desk for a period of longer than ten (10) minutes, the covering AA will be requested to come to the front desk.
When the CPM Receptionist will be away from her desk for less than ten (10) minutes, the covering AA will be requested to answer the incoming calls from their desk. The “Please Be Seated. We will be with you shortly” sign will be placed on top of the front desk in this occurrence.
If the CPM Receptionist is out for the day (Sick, PTO, Etc.), the Office Manager will create the coverage schedule in four (4) hour increments, keeping the covering AA for that week on lunch coverage and moving down the line per the original front desk coverage schedule.
If the CPM Receptionist is out for an unexpected amount of time with no return date known, the Office Manager may veer from the four (4) hour increment coverage schedule and create a less disruptive coverage schedule as deemed appropriate.
When the covering AA needs coverage, they will default to the AA covering the following week or as otherwise assigned by the respective Manager.
2. All AA’s are responsible to obtain coverage for all phone calls, issues, service requests, etc. when leaving the office at any time throughout the work day, excluding lunch time.
3. AA’s are also responsible for informing the CPM Receptionist of their absence and who will be covering for their areas in their absence to ensure that all phone calls, messages, etc. are properly directed from the CPM Receptionist.
C. Front Desk Daily Tasks
- Unlock entrance doors.
- Unlock file cabinets.
- Distribute newspapers to: Carla, Beverly, Brandie, Tina, Amy, Matt, Christine, Lindsey, Nichole, Bobby, Karen, Crystal, Steve & the Front Desk.
- Check copiers – make sure they are turned on and filled with paper and toner as needed. Wipe glass and check copier for incoming faxes and distribute accordingly.
- Check drop box for checks – put in CPM Accounting’s mail slot
- Check USPS mailboxes outside for mail deposited on Saturday (done only on Monday mornings).
- Open and scan in hard copy invoices to the S: drive and place the invoices into the appropriate PM or AA folders for Payscan.
The following invoices are to be date stamped and given to the designated personnel:
- TC Invoices – place in TC’s mail slot
- Marketing and Entertainment Invoices – place is Crystal’s mail slot
DO NOT open mail addressed to an individual. All of Bobby’s and Rickey’s mail gets placed in Kerri’s mail slot.
- Check Voicemail
- Check the CPM VM Inbox in Outlook for voicemail messages and forward them to the appropriate property management group.
2. Throughout the Day
- Move invoices received via CPMInvoices@thevillages.com onto the S: drive for Payscan processing.
- Check drop box for checks after lunch – put in CPM Accounting’s mail slot
- Check copier periodically for incoming faxes and distribute accordingly
- Ask the AA who is covering for the week to sit at the front desk
- Check USPS mailbox. Sort all mail and distribute it to appropriate recipient
- Scan invoices onto the S: drive for Payscan processing.
- Ask the AA who is covering for the week to listen for calls while you are away from the desk; put “Please Be Seated” sign on desk.
- Print out following day’s CPM Admin and Operations conference room calendars and place in holder by each conference room.
- Lock file cabinets.
- Make sure Key Cabinets are locked and key is placed in top left drawer of front desk.
- Lock entrance doors.
- Turn off lights in Reception area
D. Front Desk Weekly Tasks
- Pull the Key Deadline Report from the Key Organizer system and send an email to the Property Managers requesting disposition of keys that have expired.
- Prepare the Staples supplies request (see Ordering Office Supplies SOP).
- Prepare the On Call Bag (see the On Call Update Procedure).
- Process Contractor checks following the Contractor Check Distribution Procedure.
- Send out On Call and Time Off emails.